Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Comics -- Where to start?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Comics -- Where to start? Empty The Comics -- Where to start? Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

I haven't really done a whole lot of research into the Star Wars comics, but I am a comic book fan to some degree, and I was wondering if people here who are more well versed in the comic/graphic novel world of Star Wars could give me a good place to start in terms of reading some comic books. Which series are good? Which are your favorite?

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

2The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Well IMO the best SW comic series is Legacy. It takes place over 100 years after ANH. It tells the story of Cade Skywalker, and his fight against the Sith. It has great characters, a good story, and you get to see Force-ghost Luke!

3The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Awesome! Very Happy I have already been really curious about Cade Skywalker (having read a little about him on Wookieepedia), and the Legacy era has been my favorite, so I am sure I would love reading that and seeing what happens in the future! Thanks for the recommendation, DarthSawyer.

4The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

You're very welcome. It is a great comic series. My favorite arc is Claws of the Dragon. You get to see Obi Wan on Tatooine!

5The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:07 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Oh, I also wanted to tell you about Star Wars Invasion. It is a comic series set during the New Jedi Order, and the Yuuzhan Vong War. It has just started recently, and it tells the story of a new Jedi and his involvement in the war. Plus you also get to see Luke, Leia, Han, Jacen, Anakin and Jaina as well. It is pretty good so far. Thought you might be interested since I know you like those characters from LOTF.

6The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:06 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Invasion? Awesome, I like the sound of that too. Sweet, I'm going to look into that one too. Thanks! Once I have some money, I'd really love to start reading these.

7The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:18 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I only buy comics when they come out in TPB form. Legacy is done but the last arc hasnt been released in TPB yet. Invasion is up to Volume 2. Those are the only 2 I have really read completely. I have browsed a few others such as the infamous Dark Empire. Those are the comics where we get a cloned Emperor

8The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Lord Kimo

Lord Kimo
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

I agree about Legacy--One of my favorite-- You might also like the The Battle of Ruusan (1000 BBY) Jedi vs. Sith by Darko Macan
I"m going to check out SW Invasion

9The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:13 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Alright, thanks for the recommendation, Lord Kimo!

In addition to my initial question, I also have one related to getting started.

I was just curious where you guys normally buy your comics from. I was thinking of looking on eBay and Amazon, since I'd like to buy a good chunk of a series at once, but I wasn't sure if you knew of any other places to check out. Or perhaps you just buy your comics from a comic book shop. XD

10The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:22 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Well I usually get my comics in Trade paperback form. They take an arc and put them into a book. I pick these up from Amazon. Though sometimes I do get them at my local comic shop.

11The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Ah, alrighty. Amazon lets you build up points too, yes? I like the idea of buying enough there to basically earn free money to spend there.

12The Comics -- Where to start? Empty Re: The Comics -- Where to start? Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:21 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I am actually not sure. I only buy comics and a few DVD's from there. So even if they do I haven't earned many points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum