Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Star Wars Costume/Cos-play Thread!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Star Wars Costume/Cos-play Thread! Empty The Star Wars Costume/Cos-play Thread! Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Here's a thread for folks to discuss and/or show off Star Wars costumes. It doesn't have to be your costume, or made by you, but if you wore it, know the person who wore it, or if you just think it looks awesome, post it here! Just remember: give credit where it's due, try to give as much info as you can, and 'a picture is worth a thousand words'!

Also, if you've got questions about costuming/cos-playing, this is the place to ask! Hopefully, someone will be able to help you out!

Right, so, all that said: have fun!

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Fine I'll start this thread off: What fabric would you recommend if you are making your own Jedi clothes?

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

RandomChick842 wrote:Fine I'll start this thread off: What fabric would you recommend if you are making your own Jedi clothes?

I wouldn't call this an area of expertise for me, but I'll take a crack at it Tongue

Apparently, the movie robes were wool, but that can be expensive and heavy. Another place recommended polyester. Really, the best advice I could find was to go to a fabric store and go around feeling and pricing different fabrics, until you find one that suits you. If you're going for movie-accurate, it'll cost you, and might be difficult to wear for any extended periods (such as at a convention, or some such). On the other hand, I'm sure you can make something that looks good, but at less cost, and possibly with lighter fabric.

Either way, here's a link that you may find useful. Hope that helps Smile

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

At my school we had an event where we dressed up. (I was the mad hatter and my friends were different characters from Alice in Wonderland if you're curious). I saw these two seniors, one in one of those Darth Vader costumes, another in some UNBELIVABLE Jedi robes. They were so cool. I can't explain it.
The costume looked so real... So much like to movies I first thought it was wool. I don't know if he made it or not, but I just wanted to say I loved it. (Made me want to get some Jedi robes even more).

http://redheadart.yolasite.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum