Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Topic is pretty self explanatory.

For me it has to the end of the NJO. When Luke, Leia, Han, their kids, plus so many other important characters are all gathered on Zonama Sekot. Seeing them all together, smiling, reminiscing after the long 5 year war against the Yuuzhan Vong is such a emotional moment for me. I feel like this chapter would have made a great ending to the big 3's story!

2Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Great thread idea!

I cannot wait to read those books -- the ones during the Vong War. I have read what comes before and what happens afterward, so I have this idea of what it was like, but I feel like I've watched the first and third episode of a series or something. I need to see what happens in between!

For me, I would say I've been most impacted by Jacen Solo's decline to the dark side. I read all the books from when he and his sister were kids at the Academy and their adventures together with their friends, and it's almost heartbreaking seeing him mature to being a completely different person, to being Caedus. I am getting close to the point where Jaina kills him, as I am on the last Legacy of the Force book, and I just know once I get to that point, that will be a big deal for me.

Throughout this entire book (the last one of the series), each chapter has began with a quote from Jacen from when he was a teenager back on Yavin 4, studying to be a Jedi. Each quote is one of his corny jokes, and I remember thinking how they were starting to get on my nerves when I read those books from their childhood, and now looking back, I wish that same animal-loving, joke-telling Jacen were still around. I loved Jacen as a character back then and reading about his relationship with Tenel Ka. Now, I dislike him as Caedus and just feel sorrowful about Jaina having to do what she does.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

3Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:Great thread idea!

I cannot wait to read those books -- the ones during the Vong War. I have read what comes before and what happens afterward, so I have this idea of what it was like, but I feel like I've watched the first and third episode of a series or something. I need to see what happens in between!

For me, I would say I've been most impacted by Jacen Solo's decline to the dark side. I read all the books from when he and his sister were kids at the Academy and their adventures together with their friends, and it's almost heartbreaking seeing him mature to being a completely different person, to being Caedus. I am getting close to the point where Jaina kills him, as I am on the last Legacy of the Force book, and I just know once I get to that point, that will be a big deal for me.

Throughout this entire book (the last one of the series), each chapter has began with a quote from Jacen from when he was a teenager back on Yavin 4, studying to be a Jedi. Each quote is one of his corny jokes, and I remember thinking how they were starting to get on my nerves when I read those books from their childhood, and now looking back, I wish that same animal-loving, joke-telling Jacen were still around. I loved Jacen as a character back then and reading about his relationship with Tenel Ka. Now, I dislike him as Caedus and just feel sorrowful about Jaina having to do what she does.

Thank you. I have had this idea in my head for awhile since I read a blog a few weeks back talking about this. I actually haven't read the YJK books, so I don't have that perspective. However, when reading the New Jedi Order books and then seeing Jacen's fall in LOTF, that to me is tragic on the scale of Anakin Skywalker tragic. Having Jaina be the one to kill him makes it even more heartfelt.

That being said LOTF to me was disjointed, some books were great such as Betrayal, Inferno and Fury. Some books were okay, and then the last two books happen. Revelation didn't reveal anything, and Invincible to me was an okay book, but not good as a series ender.

This is why a big part of me would have liked to skip forward after the NJO to where Luke, Leia and Hand were in the background, and Jacen, Jaina, Ben etc.. were the main characters.

4Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

DarthSawyer wrote:

Thank you. I have had this idea in my head for awhile since I read a blog a few weeks back talking about this. I actually haven't read the YJK books, so I don't have that perspective. However, when reading the New Jedi Order books and then seeing Jacen's fall in LOTF, that to me is tragic on the scale of Anakin Skywalker tragic. Having Jaina be the one to kill him makes it even more heartfelt.

That being said LOTF to me was disjointed, some books were great such as Betrayal, Inferno and Fury. Some books were okay, and then the last two books happen. Revelation didn't reveal anything, and Invincible to me was an okay book, but not good as a series ender.

This is why a big part of me would have liked to skip forward after the NJO to where Luke, Leia and Hand were in the background, and Jacen, Jaina, Ben etc.. were the main characters.

You know, I do have to agree with you on that. I picked up this series after reading the Jedi Academy trilogy, and I must say, Kevin J. Anderson is just an amazing writer. His books all held my attention and comprehension in every last paragraph, and it was rather difficult moving to reading different authors, I must admit. I did think some of the LotF books could have been better. I also noticed quite a lot of really bad typos too (such as "Jana" instead of Jaina) that their editor should have caught, and those were sporadic throughout the entire series, which to me made it seem a little bit like they didn't care. Nonetheless though, I did want to read what happens at that point in time and to also read firsthand how Jacen declined into Darth Caedus.

I think you said it best. It would have been nice to have the new era, so-to-say, be more about Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Zekk, etc. all in the foreground. That was actually something I was thinking today, believe it or not. They were always the main characters in the Jedi Academy stories (both in the trilogy and the Young Jedi Knights books), with Luke, Han, Leia, and so forth all acting as more side characters. I really enjoyed it like that, and I do wish it continued to be presented that way more often, since I would like to experience the adventures of the next generation, rather than having it still be centered on Luke, Leia, and Han.

5Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:

You know, I do have to agree with you on that. I picked up this series after reading the Jedi Academy trilogy, and I must say, Kevin J. Anderson is just an amazing writer. His books all held my attention and comprehension in every last paragraph, and it was rather difficult moving to reading different authors, I must admit. I did think some of the LotF books could have been better. I also noticed quite a lot of really bad typos too (such as "Jana" instead of Jaina) that their editor should have caught, and those were sporadic throughout the entire series, which to me made it seem a little bit like they didn't care. Nonetheless though, I did want to read what happens at that point in time and to also read firsthand how Jacen declined into Darth Caedus.

I think you said it best. It would have been nice to have the new era, so-to-say, be more about Jacen, Jaina, Ben, Zekk, etc. all in the foreground. That was actually something I was thinking today, believe it or not. They were always the main characters in the Jedi Academy stories (both in the trilogy and the Young Jedi Knights books), with Luke, Han, Leia, and so forth all acting as more side characters. I really enjoyed it like that, and I do wish it continued to be presented that way more often, since I would like to experience the adventures of the next generation, rather than having it still be centered on Luke, Leia, and Han.

We however seem to be in the minority. Whic is why Lucasbooks is still putting Luke, Leia and Han in the fore front. Han will probably be flying the Falcon and fighting bad guys until he is in his 90's. I am glad in the current series that Ben is playing a major role. It's just too bad they seem to want to make Jaina and Jag into the non-creepy SW version of Edward and Bella from Twilight. (BTW, I dont read Twilight I have just heard that that relationship is stalker creepy)

6Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Is that so? I haven't been involved in much online Star Wars discussion before, so I don't have any idea of what the general public favors, but that's unfortunate (at least for us like-minded individuals). I certainly don't dislike the original cast (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.), but I think everything has their time. Perhaps I just am more open to change and am more interested in learning about the bloodlines rather than continuing to hear about the same people forever. (I'm even like that with my own characters I make up for stories and role-plays. A lot of the time I'll write about their kids, and then before I know it, I get caught up in writing a whole biography about the lives of my character's children.)

I adore Ben. He is one of the most interesting characters to read about to me, so I'm glad he gets to have a major role.

Jagged Fel is kind of a creeper lol. I am not fond of his and Jaina's relationship, but I may me biased, because I haven't read the books from when they met. (Again, that whole reading the before and after thing.) I favor Zekk for Jaina, but only because I've read about them together since they were children. Not to mention I'm not fond of stalker, Twilight-esque guys either.

7Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

[quote="Fate Foretold"]Is that so? I haven't been involved in much online Star Wars discussion before, so I don't have any idea of what the general public favors, but that's unfortunate (at least for us like-minded individuals). I certainly don't dislike the original cast (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.), but I think everything has their time. Perhaps I just am more open to change and am more interested in learning about the bloodlines rather than continuing to hear about the same people forever. (I'm even like that with my own characters I make up for stories and role-plays. A lot of the time I'll write about their kids, and then before I know it, I get caught up in writing a whole biography about the lives of my character's children.)

Well, actually the people I see on the boards tend to agree with us. But obviously the people at Lucasbooks must think the fans want more Luke, Leia, Han stories, because this is what they are making. The NJO was actually good because they did push the younger characters, but for some reason, afterwards it went back to being the story of Luke, Leia, Han etc...

During the Vong War when Jaina and Jag first met I actually enjoyed their relationship. It's the books after where it goes downhill for me. I don't mind her being in a relationship. I do think there should be more to her character than just that though. It seems to me that her being with Jag is a set up for the Imperial Knights. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the current series, she goes off with Jag into the Imperial Remnant and starts the IK's. That is also a problem I have with the current series. Legacy takes place far in the future, they dont need to set everything up now, but they are starting to. A Fel becomes Emporer, the Trimumvirate is born things like that. Next thing you know Ben is going to get a Vestara pregnant at the end of FOTJ, and give birth to Roan's daddy.

8Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't mind reading more about Jaina and Jag. I do think Jaina needs to have someone in her life though, and for some reason it bothers me if she just never chooses anyone and just remains...solo! I don't think it should define her, but I just feel she needs to start paying attention to herself for once and give in to loving someone.

Oh, man. I need to read more. Laughing

9Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:25 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't mind reading more about Jaina and Jag. I do think Jaina needs to have someone in her life though, and for some reason it bothers me if she just never chooses anyone and just remains...solo! I don't think it should define her, but I just feel she needs to start paying attention to herself for once and give in to loving someone.

Definitely read more. SW novels have always given me enjoyment when I am otherwise bored. I love there overall story feel and the characters that they have given me.

How far have you read? Are you into FOTJ? If there are any books you aren't sure about, or just want to know which books are either essential or just plain good reading feel free to ask!

10Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:45 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

DarthSawyer wrote:
Fate Foretold wrote:I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't mind reading more about Jaina and Jag. I do think Jaina needs to have someone in her life though, and for some reason it bothers me if she just never chooses anyone and just remains...solo! I don't think it should define her, but I just feel she needs to start paying attention to herself for once and give in to loving someone.

Definitely read more. SW novels have always given me enjoyment when I am otherwise bored. I love there overall story feel and the characters that they have given me.

How far have you read? Are you into FOTJ? If there are any books you aren't sure about, or just want to know which books are either essential or just plain good reading feel free to ask!

Oh, I plan on reading much more. It'll just take some time. So far, I've only just read Young Jedi Knights, the Jedi Academy Trilogy, the Dark Nest trilogy, and am just finishing up Legacy of the Force before moving on to Fate of the Jedi. After that, I hope to fill in the gaps by reading the New Jedi Order books, though I also own both SWTOR books that I need to read as well, Fatal Alliance and Deceived.

Perfact. Thanks! I appreciate it. I will let you know if I am debating whether or not about a book or a series. Money and time play a big part in my reading as of late lol.

11Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Oh, I've been doing some Wookieepedia reading. I guess Zekk married Taryn Zel, Tenel Ka's cousin, and Jaina goes back to wearing Jag's engagement ring after their split, though it isn't decided whether they were truly getting back together or not... However, Jag obviously has a son, and he is the grandfather of Roan Fel, the Emporer of the Fel dynasty. I wonder if they are implying that Jaina is Roan's grandmother?

12Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Empty Re: Most Impactful Moment in Star Wars. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:44 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:Oh, I've been doing some Wookieepedia reading. I guess Zekk married Taryn Zel, Tenel Ka's cousin, and Jaina goes back to wearing Jag's engagement ring after their split, though it isn't decided whether they were truly getting back together or not... However, Jag obviously has a son, and he is the grandfather of Roan Fel, the Emporer of the Fel dynasty. I wonder if they are implying that Jaina is Roan's grandmother?

Well I don't think Zekk is married to Taryn Zel, though I might be wrong about that, might have missed that mentioned. They definitely are together though, and he is over Jaina. They did cancel a book called Blood Oath which is about Zekk and Taryn. I do think they are implying that Jaina is Roan's grandmother. I also think she will start the Imperial Knights, or at least be the reason they are started.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum