Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you watching?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are you watching? Empty What are you watching? Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

So what are you currently watching?

TV shows I'm watching at the moment include The Office (though it's between seasons), Flash Forward (Axiom turned me on to it), various episodes of various shows (pretty much everything on HGTV, Paranormal Adventures, Buffy), and Falling Skies.

Falling Skies is on right now, and I gotta say, the season premiere didn't capture my attention, but the second episode is now on, and I'm kind of paying attention. It's just very boring, in my opinion. What are your thoughts on this new show? I love aliens and tend to be attracted to alien-related shows and movies, but this, along with Spielberg's movie Super 8 just aren't interesting to me.

Everyone's going wild for Super 8, but I just kept waiting for something cool to happen the entire movie and never got that satisfying moment. When it ended, I was left kind of like, "Oh, well, that's it? Huh. That's predictable."

I like alien films like War of the Worlds, Skyline (strangely one of few apparently), Mission to Mars, Alien, Predator... I also really, really loved the mini series Taken, with Dakota Fanning. That was probably my most favorite alien-related show of all time. It was incredibly well done, and I highly recommend it if aliens interest you at all. As far as alien films go, this was insanely well-written and well thought out, in addition to being thought-provoking and intriguing in ways no other alien film or show has been. That was also by Stephen Spielberg, back when he wasn't doing all this mainstream-type stuff it seemed.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

2What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I could go on and on and on with the TV shows I am watching. But I will keep it simple. Right now, my favorite things to watch on TV are Fringe, Supernatural, True Blood and Burn Notice.

As for movies, being a comic book fan this is a good year. I saw Thor, X-Men, and will be seeing Catain America when it comes out.

3What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Oh, man. I need to get back into Supernatural again. I really want to see what happens. I watched the first 5 seasons or so.

The X-Men First Class movie was filled with so much awesome. Are they planning on making another prequel? It would be cool to see what happens after First Class.

4What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:27 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Supernatural Season 6 was kinda eh. It made me think maybe 5 seasons was enough.

I haven't heard anything about another X-Men prequel, but they probably will make one, since the first did so well.

5What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:09 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Fate Foretold wrote:
I like alien films like War of the Worlds, Skyline (strangely one of few apparently), Mission to Mars, Alien, Predator... I also really, really loved the mini series Taken, with Dakota Fanning.

I agree with you on most of your choices (haven't seen Mission to Mars or Taken), but I have to disagree with you on Skyline. I really didn't enjoy that movie. I felt no connection to any of the characters, and I really didn't like the ending. (Spoiler tag on the next bit, just in case folks haven't seen the movie and don't want to know the ending)
Spoiler:

Also, the movie starred Eric Balfour. I've got nothing against the guy, but I've never seen a really good movie where he was the lead role.

On a different note, Taken (the Liam Neeson movie) was amazing! As is pretty much everything Liam Neeson does - especially this!

DarthSawyer wrote:
As for movies, being a comic book fan this is a good year. I saw Thor, X-Men, and will be seeing Catain America when it comes out.

I also look forward to Captain America, as well as the Avengers! Marvel's doing pretty good with their superhero movies so far - let's hope they can keep it up!

Fate Foretold wrote:The X-Men First Class movie was filled with so much awesome. Are they planning on making another prequel? It would be cool to see what happens after First Class.

I think I heard something about another prequel, but I honestly can't remember what or where it was. However, we do still have a Deadpool movie to look forward to!

As for what I'm watching. TV-wise, the only show I'm actively following is Game of Thrones (still catching up - only on episode 4 or 5 at the moment). However, I watch a lot of Star Trek and Star Gate reruns these days Tongue As for movies, I'm eagerly awaiting the Harry Potter movie, and the new Conan movie looks interesting (it's got Jason Momoa, who's also in both Star Gate: Atlantis and Game of Thrones, as Conan).

6What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

I apologize ahead of time, as I don't have a whole lot of time to reply to this, so it's going to be a bit short.

In regards to Skyline, I can understand what you mean about not really getting to know the characters very well. I've kind of given up on character development in Hollywood movies already, to be honest, since no movies beyond perhaps dramas develop characters at all to any point beyond the very basics. Only TV shows and books seem able to fully flesh out characters.

The ending of that movie though was actually one of my favorite parts. See spoiler...

Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to the final Harry Potter movie as well. Very Happy I want to go to the midnight showing, since that's when everyone (including me if I could go) dresses up, but unfortunately I have to work the next day. Plus I wouldn't have anyone to go with. (Not in the town I live in anyway. All the people I know, including my boyfriend, live two and a half hours away.)

7What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I have that same problem going to see movies I am excited to go see at midnight. My friends don't live two and a half hours away. However, they are never as motivated to see movies as much as I am. If I want to go to a midnight showing I usually have to go by myself. I kinda wish I had friends around who were as into movies as I was.

8What are you watching? Empty Re: What are you watching? Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Lord Kimo

Lord Kimo
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

I really did get into Flashforward and started to watch V mainly because of Morena Baccarin who plays Anna

I agree about going to the movies w/friends that are not there. The environment totally changes when your with someone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum