Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should another trilogy be made?

+3
Lara
Ric Olie
Fate Foretold
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should more Star Wars movies be made?

Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_lcap56%Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_lcap22%Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_lcap22%Should another trilogy be made? I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Should another trilogy be made? Empty Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Do you think Lucas (or anyone else for that matter) should make Star Wars Episodes 7-9? When do you think they should take place?

This was something that Axiom and I were discussing in person not all that long ago, actually. I am all for it, as I'd rather have more films even with the potential that they could be different and could possibly not be as great than not have any more at all ever.

I would absolutely love to see the events in the Expanded Universe played out on the big screen. My only question is, could George Lucas (or whoever could direct it) get the old cast back together again to take on their old roles? If not, I'm sure it would be poorly received if they hired new actors to play an older Luke, Leia, Han, etc.

If these films were ever made, I'd almost want to see everything from the time Luke starts his Jedi Praxeum, to the Vong War, to Darth Caedus and the events proceeding that in Fate of the Jedi. That's a lot to cover in just three movies. It almost would be neat, as Axiom suggested, to create a TV series that covers the major points in the EU, so long as it wasn't low budget.

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

2Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Ric Olie

Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

I'd have no problem with a new trilogy. I'm of the opinion that Lucas cannot possible ruin Star Wars (other than his suppression of the OOT, obviously), and so I say let him or someone else have at it. If it sucks, it won't change my opinion of any of the other movies.

3Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

That's a good point. If any more movies were made, it's not as if they'd be altering the expetience and greatness of the previous films. I've never actually researched it myself, but has there been any official word or talk about the possibility of this?

4Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:37 pm

Ric Olie

Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Seems like Lucas has been focused on the CW 'toon and maybe the live action tv show, although that seems to have trouble getting off the ground.

5Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Lara

Lara
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

For a long time, I hoped that they'd make the third Star Wars trilogy that I had once heard rumors of (though investigation proved that there are no such plans any longer), but now I'm not so sure I would want to see any more Star Wars movies.

Don't get me wrong, some part of me absolutely loves the idea. But I just can't imagine some of the characters being played by new actors (in specific, Harrison Ford as Han Solo...) but many of the original characters are getting up there in age, and/or have fallen off the movie radar. Then there's also the fact that there's entirely too much to cover, way too many possibilities to put into said trilogy. How could Lucas, or anyone for that matter, possibly be able to get everything of importance crammed into any number of movies?

(And, of course, even if they did create a new trilogy, they'd probably leave out any parts that I'd actually be interested in seeing. but that's beside the point...)

6Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Fate Foretold wrote:My only question is, could George Lucas (or whoever could direct it) get the old cast back together again to take on their old roles? If not, I'm sure it would be poorly received if they hired new actors to play an older Luke, Leia, Han, etc.

It's hard to say whether or not the old crew would get back together. Carrie Fisher, from what I understand, would probably be the most open to it. Harrison Ford also might be open, but I imagine his time is worth a lot these days - not like that's a huge factor for Lucas. I think Mark Hamill might be the most difficult. From what I hear, he's (understandably) disappointed with the fact that Ford became wildly popular when Luke was the main character (though, on the side, Hamill was one of the best Joker voices ever).

Not saying it couldn't happen - I would personally love to see them all back together again - but it might take some doing. Either way, I think I'd see any more Star Wars movies Lucas (or anyone else) put out. I'd also check out any TV series (though I haven't kept upon the Clone Wars cartoon), as long as it's got a good budget. Heck, even without a budget, I'd probably give it a chance Tongue

7Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:38 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:Do you think Lucas (or anyone else for that matter) should make Star Wars Episodes 7-9? When do you think they should take place?

This was something that Axiom and I were discussing in person not all that long ago, actually. I am all for it, as I'd rather have more films even with the potential that they could be different and could possibly not be as great than not have any more at all ever.

I would absolutely love to see the events in the Expanded Universe played out on the big screen. My only question is, could George Lucas (or whoever could direct it) get the old cast back together again to take on their old roles? If not, I'm sure it would be poorly received if they hired new actors to play an older Luke, Leia, Han, etc.

If these films were ever made, I'd almost want to see everything from the time Luke starts his Jedi Praxeum, to the Vong War, to Darth Caedus and the events proceeding that in Fate of the Jedi. That's a lot to cover in just three movies. It almost would be neat, as Axiom suggested, to create a TV series that covers the major points in the EU, so long as it wasn't low budget.

I am conflicted on there being a new trilogy. If the trilogy was to take place far in the future, I would have absolutely no problem with it.

I do not however want Lucas to make sequels that take place anywhere from ROTJ until the Legacy comics. If he were to do that he would totally negate all the EU that has already been written. Unfortunately the Clone Wars cartoon is already doing this to an extent with the Clone Wars EU.

Seeing the movies on the big screen is great, and I would love to see more, but not at the expense of the Expanded Universe I love.

8Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:28 pm

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Lara wrote:For a long time, I hoped that they'd make the third Star Wars trilogy that I had once heard rumors of (though investigation proved that there are no such plans any longer), but now I'm not so sure I would want to see any more Star Wars movies.

Don't get me wrong, some part of me absolutely loves the idea. But I just can't imagine some of the characters being played by new actors (in specific, Harrison Ford as Han Solo...) but many of the original characters are getting up there in age, and/or have fallen off the movie radar. Then there's also the fact that there's entirely too much to cover, way too many possibilities to put into said trilogy. How could Lucas, or anyone for that matter, possibly be able to get everything of importance crammed into any number of movies?

(And, of course, even if they did create a new trilogy, they'd probably leave out any parts that I'd actually be interested in seeing. but that's beside the point...)

Last forum I was on (PortHaven) we had a full discussion on who the old and new characters would be played by....I will post it up later XD

9Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

RandomChick842 wrote:
Lara wrote:For a long time, I hoped that they'd make the third Star Wars trilogy that I had once heard rumors of (though investigation proved that there are no such plans any longer), but now I'm not so sure I would want to see any more Star Wars movies.

Last forum I was on (PortHaven) we had a full discussion on who the old and new characters would be played by....I will post it up later XD

Oh, nice. I'm interested in seeing who you guys came up with!! Very Happy

10Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:45 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Fate Foretold wrote:
RandomChick842 wrote:

Oh, nice. I'm interested in seeing who you guys came up with!! Very Happy

Where should I post it?

11Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

You can just post it in this thread. :]

12Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:07 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Ok heere it is XD

Disclaimer: This was produced by the members of Port Haven forums and no profit was made out of this list.

Luke Skywalker - Michael Shanks
Leia Organa Skywalker Solo (is that all correct?XD) - Emily Dechanel
Han Solo - Kevin Sorbo
Lando Calrissian - Blair Underwood
Tendra Risant - Jane Seymour (if she's white) or Jada Pinkett Smith (if black)
Chewbacca -
Jaina Solo - Emmy Rossum
Jacen Solo -
Anakin Solo - Justin Bieber (lmao)
Talon Kardde - Jon Cassar or Steve Bacic
Wedge Antilles -
Iella Wessiri - Carrie Underwood
Mirax Terrik - Kate Beckinsale
Booster Terrik -
Corran Horn -
Kam Solusar - Gabriel Bern
Tionne - Joan Jett
Winter - Xang Zyi
Tycho Celchu -
Mara Jade - Angie Everhart
Kyp Durron - Daniel Goddard
Kyle Katarn -
Bel Iblis - Robert Duvall
Borsk Feyla - Greg Itzen
Noghri - Andy Serkis
Ghent - Corey Burton
Aves -

And the Miscellaneous…..

Thrawn - Jason Isaacs
Wes Janson - Charlie Sheen
Hobbie - Richard Lewis
Prince Xizor - Tim Roth
Grand Admiral Pellaeon - Dale Dye
Shada Dukal - Claudia Black
Callista Ming - Connie Nielsen

13Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:16 am

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Oh, wow lol. I'm not familiar with everybody, but I'm not so sure about this list. I'm a big Emmy Rossum fan, but I'm not sure I could ever see her as Jaina Solo. She's too...feminine and not the fighter/starship tinkerer/tomboy that Jaina is. Justin Bieber as Anakin doesn't seem to fit in my mind either, as I always took Anakin Solo as someone wise beyond his years, and Bieber just doesn't seem to meet that criteria. XD

Interesting list though, definitely haha. I'll have to look through it some more. I wonder who should play Ben Skywalker?

14Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

Fate Foretold wrote:Oh, wow lol. I'm not familiar with everybody, but I'm not so sure about this list. I'm a big Emmy Rossum fan, but I'm not sure I could ever see her as Jaina Solo. She's too...feminine and not the fighter/starship tinkerer/tomboy that Jaina is. Justin Bieber as Anakin doesn't seem to fit in my mind either, as I always took Anakin Solo as someone wise beyond his years, and Bieber just doesn't seem to meet that criteria. XD

Interesting list though, definitely haha. I'll have to look through it some more. I wonder who should play Ben Skywalker?

At the time the Justin Bieber for Anakin Solo was a hilarious joke I put up and no one really took it seriously but god was it funny to imagine....Ben Skywalker is hard to place because we wanted him baby first then later we would deal XD

15Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:36 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:Ok heere it is XD

Disclaimer: This was produced by the members of Port Haven forums and no profit was made out of this list.

Han Solo - Kevin Sorbo
Chewbacca -
Jaina Solo - Emmy Rossum
Jacen Solo -
Wedge Antilles -
Booster Terrik -
Corran Horn -
Tionne - Joan Jett
Winter - Xang Zyi
Tycho Celchu -
Kyle Katarn -
Borsk Feyla - Greg Itzen
Noghri - Andy Serkis
Ghent - Corey Burton
Aves -

And the Miscellaneous…..

Thrawn - Jason Isaacs
Hobbie - Richard Lewis
Prince Xizor - Tim Roth

It's actually just Leia Organa Solo, she never takes the Skywalker name.

I never much thought of who should play EU characters. Though I think a LOTF aged Jacen Solo, should be played by James Franco.

16Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

DarthSawyer wrote:

Han Solo - Kevin Sorbo
Chewbacca -
Jaina Solo - Emmy Rossum
Jacen Solo -
Wedge Antilles -
Booster Terrik -
Corran Horn -
Tionne - Joan Jett
Winter - Xang Zyi
Tycho Celchu -
Kyle Katarn -
Borsk Feyla - Greg Itzen
Noghri - Andy Serkis
Ghent - Corey Burton
Aves -

And the Miscellaneous…..

Thrawn - Jason Isaacs
Hobbie - Richard Lewis
Prince Xizor - Tim Roth

I never much thought of who should play EU characters. Though I think a LOTF aged Jacen Solo, should be played by James Franco.

I agree wholeheartedly XD

17Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:

Han Solo - Kevin Sorbo
Chewbacca -
Jaina Solo - Emmy Rossum
Jacen Solo -
Wedge Antilles -
Booster Terrik -
Corran Horn -
Tionne - Joan Jett
Winter - Xang Zyi
Tycho Celchu -
Kyle Katarn -
Borsk Feyla - Greg Itzen
Noghri - Andy Serkis
Ghent - Corey Burton
Aves -

And the Miscellaneous…..

Thrawn - Jason Isaacs
Hobbie - Richard Lewis
Prince Xizor - Tim Roth

I agree wholeheartedly XD

I am bias though, since I think James Franco should just play every character out there. Evil or Very Mad

18Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

And that's not creepy at all ^_^

19Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:43 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:And that's not creepy at all ^_^

So, I might have a bit of a man-crush on James Franco. He is an awesome actor though.

20Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:54 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

DarthSawyer wrote:

So, I might have a bit of a man-crush on James Franco. He is an awesome actor though.

It's ok I have a girl-crush on Angie Everhart....just on the reasoning that I have ALWAYS seen her as Mara Jade because of the cover for Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn XD

My heart skipped a beat when my peeps from Port Haven agreed with me Very Happy Boogie

21Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:00 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:

It's ok I have a girl-crush on Angie Everhart....just on the reasoning that I have ALWAYS seen her as Mara Jade because of the cover for Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn XD

My heart skipped a beat when my peeps from Port Haven agreed with me Very Happy Boogie

I haven't really thought about who I would pick for Mara Jade. Lately I have seen Matthew Fox as Corran Horn.

22Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 am

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

hmmm interesting...

23Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I am trying to think about other characters. I have no idea who should play Anakin Solo or Jaina. The funny thing is, Keira Knightley would be okay but she was already in a SW movie.

24Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 pm

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

DarthSawyer wrote:I am trying to think about other characters. I have no idea who should play Anakin Solo or Jaina. The funny thing is, Keira Knightley would be okay but she was already in a SW movie.

But I barely paid her any attention XD

25Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:I am trying to think about other characters. I have no idea who should play Anakin Solo or Jaina. The funny thing is, Keira Knightley would be okay but she was already in a SW movie.

But I barely paid her any attention XD

I didn't either. But i am a big fan of continuity. Since she already played Sabe, I can't see her as Jaina.

26Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

On a brainstorming note, who would play the spontaneous pirate Booster Terrik?

27Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:On a brainstorming note, who would play the spontaneous pirate Booster Terrik?

That is a very good question. I know it would have to be an older actor, but I can't think of one right now.

28Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 pm

RandomChick842

RandomChick842
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

DarthSawyer wrote:
RandomChick842 wrote:On a brainstorming note, who would play the spontaneous pirate Booster Terrik?

That is a very good question. I know it would have to be an older actor, but I can't think of one right now.

O_O im just looking up booster's pic on google and one pic is of Brian Blessing as Booster

29Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:17 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

RandomChick842 wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:

O_O im just looking up booster's pic on google and one pic is of Brian Blessing as Booster

Not a bad choice. But he would need to get in better shape. Booster is big, but it was muscle, more than fat.

30Should another trilogy be made? Empty Re: Should another trilogy be made? Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:30 am

Lord Kimo

Lord Kimo
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

I would really like to see 7-9 trilogy come onto the big screen. Even with the original actors would be nice. I would even like to go beyond those. But I'm also for something different--meaning no more Anakin/Obi-Wan adventures LOL Hope no one takes that the wrong way. It's just a vast universe and so many possibilities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum