Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force Psychosis and Black Holes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Force Psychosis and Black Holes Empty Force Psychosis and Black Holes Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

I'm in the process of reading Fate of the Jedi right now, but have done a little reading about Force Psychosis on Wookieepedia. It is a mental disorder that affects Force users who have been living in the Maw for a prolonged period of time, causing them to be paranoid and feel everyone but themselves is an imposter.

It was believed Abeloth was behind this disease, however it appears she only was playing off of it, as I understand it. So what causes this incurable phenomenon?

The following is a conversation between Ben and Luke from Outcast:

"Black holes are an interesting astronomical phenomenon to scientists, and a vaguely unsettling image for most other people...but Force-sensitives have a real dislike or dread or them."

"Why?"

His father shrugged. "The Force derives from life. Even death is not all that disturbing to a Force-user, since it is a part, a necessary consequence, of life. Black holes are something else. a cessation outside of life. Maybe the way they draw in all energy and trap it forever runs against our instincts. I'm not sure. i do know that the Force-sensitive children we hid at shelter during the Yuuzhan Vong War did not" like being in the Maw, surrounded on all sides by black holes. You're too young to remember, but the Jedi caregivers at Shelter said there was a lot of crying.

"Did I do a lot of crying?"

"I don't think so. You were pretty much shut off from the Force in those days."

Judging by this, it would appear as if only Force-sensitives are affected by black holes in such a way, but being closed off to the Force then explains why Ben wasn't affected. Would you agree that it is the black holes themselves that caused Force Psychosis?

Then there's the mystery surrounding the Force abilities afflicted Force-sensitives seem to acquire that they had never been taught, in some cases abilities Jacen solo had possessed. How do those tie in together?

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

2Force Psychosis and Black Holes Empty Re: Force Psychosis and Black Holes Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:45 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Fate Foretold wrote:I'm in the process of reading Fate of the Jedi right now, but have done a little reading about Force Psychosis on Wookieepedia. It is a mental disorder that affects Force users who have been living in the Maw for a prolonged period of time, causing them to be paranoid and feel everyone but themselves is an imposter.

It was believed Abeloth was behind this disease, however it appears she only was playing off of it, as I understand it. So what causes this incurable phenomenon?

The following is a conversation between Ben and Luke from Outcast:

"Black holes are an interesting astronomical phenomenon to scientists, and a vaguely unsettling image for most other people...but Force-sensitives have a real dislike or dread or them."

"Why?"

His father shrugged. "The Force derives from life. Even death is not all that disturbing to a Force-user, since it is a part, a necessary consequence, of life. Black holes are something else. a cessation outside of life. Maybe the way they draw in all energy and trap it forever runs against our instincts. I'm not sure. i do know that the Force-sensitive children we hid at shelter during the Yuuzhan Vong War did not" like being in the Maw, surrounded on all sides by black holes. You're too young to remember, but the Jedi caregivers at Shelter said there was a lot of crying.

"Did I do a lot of crying?"

"I don't think so. You were pretty much shut off from the Force in those days."

Judging by this, it would appear as if only Force-sensitives are affected by black holes in such a way, but being closed off to the Force then explains why Ben wasn't affected. Would you agree that it is the black holes themselves that caused Force Psychosis?

Then there's the mystery surrounding the Force abilities afflicted Force-sensitives seem to acquire that they had never been taught, in some cases abilities Jacen solo had possessed. How do those tie in together?

I don't know about the Black Holes. But I do know Abeloth has something to do with all of this. I don't want to spoil too much, so I will just say that Abeloth is the main villain in FOTJ. As for all the Jedi that are affected by the Force Psychosis and how they seem to possess Force abilities that Jacen Solo possessed. This is due to Jacen having contact in a way with Abeloth. This is explained more in Abyss I believe, though I might be wrong on which book it is explained in.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum