Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"I wish it was real"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"I wish it was real" Empty "I wish it was real" Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:51 am

Lara

Lara
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

So I had no idea where else to put this, but I really wanted to talk about this because I wish it was real. ):

I dreamed that I found an entire Star Wars series that I had never seen before in a store. The books were older, probably from the New Republic era, and I just kept finding more of them. They had the older style of realistic drawings on the covers, and they were faded a little bit due to how long they'd been there, I suppose.

The first one I picked up was a large paperback (large as in, it was the size of a hardcover). The main focus of the cover was a woman standing there in a Stormtrooper's uniform. Her helmet is off and tucked in the nook of her arm, and she's looking towards the reader with a mix of emotions on her face: part confusion, part fear, and part annoyance. The woman was familiar to me, but until I read the inside cover, I didn't realize that it was Leia standing there. Looking again, I made the connection, especially due to the somewhat familiar hairstyle (they went with the looped, dangling braids with at least part of the hair). The inside of the cover went on to talk about Han going off for some reason or another that escapes me. I think he was doing something with Lando. The summary then explains that Han's departure and Luke and the others being busy with other political and Jedi related things, it has left Bounty Hunter (insert name because I didn't recognize it here) the perfect opportunity to go after Leia, who is somewhere (I forget where) doing politically-related things. The summary actually says that the bounty hunter succeeds and takes her somewhere, but unfortunately that is escaping me as well.

The rest of the books in the series (I know they're in the same series because they show the slow removal of the Stormtrooper uniform and its replacement with a different outfit; this action is sometimes not the focus of the book, so another character is larger while it's just in the background) detail other related things. I don't remember most of it because at that point, I was more interested in finding all of them then reading the inside covers, at least until they stopped popping up. I do remember one book, the line at the end saying that Leia had been sold to another person. (I'm kind of thinking that someone offered the bounty hunter more money than the bounty was worth, but I don't remember who, or what they planned to do with her.)

I posted all of this because I thought it was insanely cool that I had a Star Wars related dream...though I honestly didn't realize it was a dream until I woke up. It was so realistic, and actually incorporated all the right amounts of realism, with nothing that screamed "this is a dream!" at me. A wave of disappointment crashed over me when I was jolted out of sleep by my phone ringing...

Maybe we can turn this topic into "things you wish were real in the Star Wars universe"? Or something related to that. (Either that, or it could just remain my dream, haha.)

2"I wish it was real" Empty Re: "I wish it was real" Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:44 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Well ever since I was kid, I sort of wish I had the ability to use the Force. But, I wouldn't be a Jedi, nor a Sith. I would use it like a spoiled kid. "You want to give me that Playstation 3" or I would go up to random people and be "You want to give me a dollar." It wouldn't hurt anyone, but hit up enough people in a day and you can make a lot of money.

3"I wish it was real" Empty Re: "I wish it was real" Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Fate Foretold

Fate Foretold
Supreme Chancellor
Supreme Chancellor

Whoa! That sounds like an awesome dream, Lara. I would have been so excited to come across all those books. Excited They even sound really interesting. Maybe it means you're destined to write them as a fan fiction lol. I really hate that disappointment though when you wake up from dreams to find they aren't real. I've experienced that numerous times too. That's really interesting though, and it's sweet that you had a Star Wars related dream! I hope I have Star Wars in my dreams someday. Very Happy

Haha, that's kind of something I was discussing with Axiom Awaits, DarthSawyer. If I had Force powers, I don't think I'd be evil, as that's just not me, but I'd be open-minded to a lot of things that Jedi aren't, such as pulling little things like what you described or something along those lines.

I definitely wish that the Force existed, but I'm sure all Star Wars fans do. I think it'd be cool enough for all the creatures in Star Wars to be real. There are a lot of really awesome ones. Plus lightsabers. Lightsabers would be sweet.
Jedi Lightsaber

http://www.footstepsofghosts.com

4"I wish it was real" Empty Re: "I wish it was real" Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I wouldn't be evil either, Fate. It's just not me. But I would use the Force in a way Jedi would probably frown upon. I would probably try and sit in meditation and get next week's winning lotto numbers.

5"I wish it was real" Empty Re: "I wish it was real" Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

I too know the feeling of waking up to realize that dreaming a bit longer might have been nice Tongue

As for the Force, I agree with Fate - I'd say all Star Wars fans wish it existed, at least to some extent. As for its use? I'd say I'm a little more Jedi than some people here Tongue As the saying goes "With great power, comes great responsibility." As much as it would be tempting to use a little Force "nudge" here and there to get a little cash, one can never foresee the consequences of such actions. Also, where do you draw the line? One day it's a dollar or two, then five, then maybe even ten. Where does it become too much?

Honestly, I think the reason the Jedi were so strict was that it was better for them to set strict boundaries, rather than dwell in grey areas. I'm not saying the Jedi were entirely correct, either, just that when something as powerful as the Force is involved, it's often best to err on the side of caution.

Personally, I think I take a mostly Jedi-type approach, but I think the Sith had it right about using your emotions to fuel the Force. The only danger is if you allow your emotions to control you, instead of you controlling them. If I had the force, I'd definitely try to train myself to use it in combat. Then I could use it to help defend people.

Then again, I think I have a hero complex, so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt Tongue (It is only my opinion, of course)

Finally, I must again agree with Fate - lightsabers would be awesome.

6"I wish it was real" Empty Re: "I wish it was real" Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:37 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

I'd love those books too!
Maybe Fate is right; write a fanfic!

I'd also love to be force sensitive... but I'd use it to become a super hero.
Too many times have I stopped at the super market's automatic doors and "force pushed" them open.

http://redheadart.yolasite.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum