Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Hey guys, this is just a thought, and I haven't really had time to flesh it out, but I was thinking it might be cool to do a role-play centered around the events of Order 66. Players could be Jedi trying to escape and survive the massacre, or perhaps play as characters trying to help the fleeing Jedi. Maybe players could even play the clones tasked with tracking down and terminating the "rebel" Jedi.

These are just a few of my ideas - as I said, I haven't really fleshed this out very much. Also, I'd very much appreciate the input of some of our more EU-savvy members (as I am sorely lacking in that area of Star Wars knowledge). So, consider this an interest check/open brain-storming session, and we'll see if this goes anywhere.

2Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Crimson Saint wrote:Hey guys, this is just a thought, and I haven't really had time to flesh it out, but I was thinking it might be cool to do a role-play centered around the events of Order 66. Players could be Jedi trying to escape and survive the massacre, or perhaps play as characters trying to help the fleeing Jedi. Maybe players could even play the clones tasked with tracking down and terminating the "rebel" Jedi.

These are just a few of my ideas - as I said, I haven't really fleshed this out very much. Also, I'd very much appreciate the input of some of our more EU-savvy members (as I am sorely lacking in that area of Star Wars knowledge). So, consider this an interest check/open brain-storming session, and we'll see if this goes anywhere.

I definitely like this idea, of the prequels this is my favorite part. I would either like to play as a character, such as a smuggler, helping the Jedi.

My other idea for this would be to play as one of Palpatine's early "Hand's" in helping Vader and the clones hunt down the Jedi.

3Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

DarthSawyer wrote:I definitely like this idea, of the prequels this is my favorite part. I would either like to play as a character, such as a smuggler, helping the Jedi.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking - having players either be the Jedi, or helping the Jedi escape (like the Wookiees and Yoda).

DarthSawyer wrote:My other idea for this would be to play as one of Palpatine's early "Hand's" in helping Vader and the clones hunt down the Jedi.

Also right where I was thinking! I wonder what it would have been like to witness the fall of Anakin Skywalker firsthand! Perhaps it would be interesting to have players on both sides as well? I personally think it would be interesting to hear the story from both sides, but maybe you'd all prefer joining the Dark Side (sadly for the Jedi, the cookies are not a lie).

Also, I was doing some reading, and I found that some of the clones, specifically the ones with less genetic tampering, did resist Order 66, instead helping the Jedi flee. Apparently, only the ARC troopers were given the freedom to outright disobey orders. However, it also seems like maybe the regular clone commandos (such as Delta Squad) may also have had some free will left. They could definitely question orders, but I don't know if they could outright ignore them.

But maybe that's another route to take - clones defying their orders and protecting their Jedi leaders. I'm definitely open to more ideas as well!

4Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Crimson Saint wrote:
DarthSawyer wrote:I definitely like this idea, of the prequels this is my favorite part. I would either like to play as a character, such as a smuggler, helping the Jedi.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking - having players either be the Jedi, or helping the Jedi escape (like the Wookiees and Yoda).

DarthSawyer wrote:My other idea for this would be to play as one of Palpatine's early "Hand's" in helping Vader and the clones hunt down the Jedi.

Also right where I was thinking! I wonder what it would have been like to witness the fall of Anakin Skywalker firsthand! Perhaps it would be interesting to have players on both sides as well? I personally think it would be interesting to hear the story from both sides, but maybe you'd all prefer joining the Dark Side (sadly for the Jedi, the cookies are not a lie).

Also, I was doing some reading, and I found that some of the clones, specifically the ones with less genetic tampering, did resist Order 66, instead helping the Jedi flee. Apparently, only the ARC troopers were given the freedom to outright disobey orders. However, it also seems like maybe the regular clone commandos (such as Delta Squad) may also have had some free will left. They could definitely question orders, but I don't know if they could outright ignore them.

But maybe that's another route to take - clones defying their orders and protecting their Jedi leaders. I'm definitely open to more ideas as well!

Well actually besides a group in Dark Lord which help a Jedi, there is also Omega Squad, and Delta from the Order 66 book which help Jedi escape. I spoke to Fate yesterday and she likes the idea, but doesn't have the time to join in. She said though that we are more than welcome to start this up whenever we want.

I am definitely interested in playing a Sith-like character who is helping Vader hunt down rogue Jedi. Could we play two characters, because I also would like to play a smuggler helping the Jedi escape. Let me know when you would like to get started, I mostly have the Smuggler's bio worked up, but I need to get started on the Dark Jedi like character.

Also, if you have any EU question, feel free to ask, as that is my area of expertise.

5Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

DarthSawyer wrote:Well actually besides a group in Dark Lord which help a Jedi, there is also Omega Squad, and Delta from the Order 66 book which help Jedi escape. I spoke to Fate yesterday and she likes the idea, but doesn't have the time to join in. She said though that we are more than welcome to start this up whenever we want.

Too bad she can't join us, but maybe if this goes long enough, she can jump in later - there could easily be places to introduce new characters. Also, it's good to know that commandos are able to defy orders, as I'd thought about playing one myself Tongue

DarthSawyer wrote:I am definitely interested in playing a Sith-like character who is helping Vader hunt down rogue Jedi. Could we play two characters, because I also would like to play a smuggler helping the Jedi escape. Let me know when you would like to get started, I mostly have the Smuggler's bio worked up, but I need to get started on the Dark Jedi like character.

We can definitely play two characters! I personally plan on trying to tell the story from two sides. It's definitely not required, but two characters is an option. As for a start time, I say we simply start when we're ready. This is recreation, and it's creative, so I see no reason to rush. Take the time you need to finish your characters, and we can start whenever we're ready. I'd also love to see other people join up if they're interested. The more the merrier, they say!

That said, we should be able to get this started within the next week or so, unless something comes up that prevents it.

DarthSawyer wrote:Also, if you have any EU question, feel free to ask, as that is my area of expertise.

I will definitely remember that. If I run into anything I'm not sure of, I'll run it by you. Also, feel free to let me know if something's off, and I'll make sure it gets fixed. I'd like this RP to be as canonical as possible Tongue

6Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:00 am

Erica Spinebreaker

Erica Spinebreaker
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Crimson Saint wrote:...I say we simply start when we're ready. This is recreation, and it's creative, so I see no reason to rush. Take the time you need to finish your characters, and we can start whenever we're ready. I'd also love to see other people join up if they're interested. The more the merrier...

I'm definitely interested in joining an RP, as it would be only the second time I will have be part of this type of thing - The first one being mostly just for fun...but I won't get into that right now. O_o

7Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I think starting it up anytime is a great idea. It is late now, so I can't post my character bio/s. But tomorrow I will definitely post the bio for my Sith Acolyte character, and maybe my smuggler character as well.

8Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Erica Spinebreaker wrote:I'm definitely interested in joining an RP, as it would be only the second time I will have be part of this type of thing - The first one being mostly just for fun...but I won't get into that right now. O_o

Well then, welcome aboard!

DarthSawyer wrote:I think starting it up anytime is a great idea. It is late now, so I can't post my character bio/s. But tomorrow I will definitely post the bio for my Sith Acolyte character, and maybe my smuggler character as well.

I'll also try to get some bios up by tomorrow. I've also begun work on a first post, so that'll go up once we've got the characters sorted out Smile

9Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:18 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Crimson Saint wrote:
Erica Spinebreaker wrote:I'm definitely interested in joining an RP, as it would be only the second time I will have be part of this type of thing - The first one being mostly just for fun...but I won't get into that right now. O_o

Well then, welcome aboard!

DarthSawyer wrote:I think starting it up anytime is a great idea. It is late now, so I can't post my character bio/s. But tomorrow I will definitely post the bio for my Sith Acolyte character, and maybe my smuggler character as well.

I'll also try to get some bios up by tomorrow. I've also begun work on a first post, so that'll go up once we've got the characters sorted out Smile

Sounds good. I definitely will have my character up tomorrow, but not until after 8 pm EST.

You should definitely post it in the Other Planets forum, since I am sure we will be jumping from planet to planet.

And yes, welcome Erica!

10Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Right, so i was hoping to have characters up yesterday, but things were busier than I'd planned for. Then I decided to make one of my characters a Zabrak, instead of human Tongue Anyways, I'll try to get characters done today, and they should definitely be up tomorrow at the latest. Sorry for the delay.

Also, if you could throw a link to your characters up in this thread (just for convenience) when they're up, that would be great. I'll put up a first post as soon as all characters are in.

11Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Here is the link for my Sith Acolyte, Zu Mavr

http://www.starwarscelestialights.com/t47-zu-mavr-sith-acolyte

12Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Erica Spinebreaker

Erica Spinebreaker
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

13Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

And here's a link to my first character:

Karne Essal

I've got another one coming later tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post that one when it's ready.

14Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 am

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Crimson Saint wrote:And here's a link to my first character:

Karne Essal

I've got another one coming later tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post that one when it's ready.

Oh good, a Jedi for me to hunt!

15Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Karne Essal

And here's a link to my second character:

RC-1170

Just to restate it, everyone is allowed and encouraged to have two characters for this role-play, but it's not required. However, if you could both just let me know for sure (here or in a PM, whichever you prefer) how many characters you want to have, that would be great, as it will help me know when to put up the first post. Speaking of which, if all goes well, the post should be ready and up by the end of the week, if everyone's ready.

16Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Crimson Saint wrote:

Karne Essal

And here's a link to my second character:

RC-1170

Just to restate it, everyone is allowed and encouraged to have two characters for this role-play, but it's not required. However, if you could both just let me know for sure (here or in a PM, whichever you prefer) how many characters you want to have, that would be great, as it will help me know when to put up the first post. Speaking of which, if all goes well, the post should be ready and up by the end of the week, if everyone's ready.

I think I am going to start with just my one character. My second, the smuggler, I have to work more on, and am going to be busy for a bit to create him. I was thinking though since he will be helping the Jedi I will bring him in a bit later into the roleplay.

17Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:58 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

IC is officially up!

Click here to go to the first post.

Alrighty, so, you guys go ahead and post now. Feel free to have your characters start wherever you want, and we'll bring them together over the course of the story. Once you guys have both posted, I'll write up another post myself. I'm excited to see what you guys come up with! Smile

18Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:59 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Hey there folks!

I just thought I'd take a minute to let you know that I've been enjoying your posts, and I'm enjoying how this story and all the characters are taking shape!

Keep up the good work! Smile

19Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Three posts in a row! I'm just cool like that Cool

Right! So, anywho..

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas for the plot. So far, I've been trying to steer the characters together, and I have an idea for where I'm headed, but I'd love to hear what ideas you guys have! If there's anything you think would be cool, or a scene you'd just really like to act out, let me know, and I'll do my best to work it in!

Also, keep in mind that this is a pretty open-ended story, and so if there's anyone looking to join in, there's plenty of room!

20Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

I actually like so far where you are going with it. I think the pace so far is nice. I know eventually the Jedi are going to meet Hound and Mavr, but building the suspense until they do is good. Once they do meet though I think we just have to figure a way to make the encounter exciting, but find a way at least the first few times for everyone to get out alive.

21Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:53 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

*stumbles in*
Wha!

Hi, can I join this RP? I was thinking about being a Youngling who escapes The Temple. Is that Okay? I've read most of it, and can see where it's going.

http://redheadart.yolasite.com/

22Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:48 am

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

super_redhead wrote:*stumbles in*
Wha!

Hi, can I join this RP? I was thinking about being a Youngling who escapes The Temple. Is that Okay? I've read most of it, and can see where it's going.

You certainly may join! We'd be happy to have you! I like your idea for a character, and it will be easy to slide him or her into the story. I'd appreciate a quick character sheet (you can post it in the Archives and then link it here). Then you can jump straight in!

I look forward to having you with us!

23Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:35 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Crimson Saint wrote:
I'd appreciate a quick character sheet (you can post it in the Archives and then link it here). Then you can jump straight in!

Of course! I will get around to it, but I live in Australia and I have a diffrent time frame so.... I'll try!

I'll also wait 7 days, (can't post links or images yet, Sad ).

24Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Take as long as you need, and you can jump in when you're ready. I'm happy to help if you need any (you can reach me in this thread, or by PM if you prefer). It would be great if you could get in before we leave Coruscant, but that won't be for a little while, so there's no rush Smile

25Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:43 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Here's my character, Tukka; http://www.starwarscelestialights.com/t72-sr-and-her-head-full-of-rp#810

A white child Twi'lek Padawan of only 11 years with a pet 'owl' sort of thing.

26Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 pm

DarthSawyer

DarthSawyer
General Commander
General Commander

Maybe Erica's character can find her hiding somewhere?

27Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Funny you say that because that's exactly what I was thinking!

28Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Crimson Saint

Crimson Saint
Role-Playing Captain
Role-Playing Captain

Looks good! I do have one question, though. In the bio section, it says that she "escaped the temple but was killed on the day of the order". Now, as it is, the story is currently happening several days after Order 66 (the time it took for Karne to steal the ARC-170, modify it, and make his way back to Coruscant, etc.). I do try my best not to be nit-picky, but I wonder how your character might play a role in the story if she's been dead for a few days (to put it bluntly)? Tongue Anyways, if you could clear that up, that would be superb.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I like the idea of Erica's character finding it, if that's cool with Erica. I'm eager to have you join us in the story!

P.S. If you really want to, you can have your character die once she's in the story - if you feel that's what you want to do. But if she's dead before they even get there, it's kinda hard to have a decent conversation.. Tongue

P.P.S. I loved the drawing in the bio! Good stuff!

29Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Erica Spinebreaker

Erica Spinebreaker
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Crimson Saint wrote:Looks good!...I like the idea of Erica's character finding [her], if that's cool with Erica. I'm eager to have you join us in the story!

This is what I was thinking of doing as well. Smile

30Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Empty Re: Order 66-centric Role-Play Idea Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 am

super_redhead

super_redhead
Unaware Force-Wielder
Unaware Force-Wielder

Crimson Saint wrote:Looks good! I do have one question, though. In the bio section, it says that she "escaped the temple but was killed on the day of the order". Now, as it is, the story is currently happening several days after Order 66 (the time it took for Karne to steal the ARC-170, modify it, and make his way back to Coruscant, etc.). I do try my best not to be nit-picky, but I wonder how your character might play a role in the story if she's been dead for a few days (to put it bluntly)? Tongue Anyways, if you could clear that up, that would be superb.
I'm glad you picked that up, thank you!

P.S. If you really want to, you can have your character die once she's in the story - if you feel that's what you want to do. But if she's dead before they even get there, it's kinda hard to have a decent conversation.. Tongue
I was thinking that, but maybe at the very end of the RP. I edited my bio to say The Purge... is that alright? (Not very good at this era)

P.P.S. I loved the drawing in the bio! Good stuff!
Thanks. I only drew her because I couldn't find a white Twi'lek young enough... Wearing clothes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum